Healthy skin is skin that looks young, no matter what the age in your ID says. If you dont have time for intensive skin care, you can still establish a quick skincare routine that will help you prevent fine lines and wrinkles and maintain a healthy, youthful aspect. A healthy lifestyle and good skincare routine choices are the perfect combinations to delay natural aging. If you need some tips and tricks on how to maintain healthy skin, here are a few ideas.
1. Protect your skin from the sun. Sun exposure causes aging spots, wrinkles, and all sorts of skin problems. You need to protect your skin from the sun even if it is winter. UV rays are dangerous all year long, not just in the summer. If you want to go for complete sun protection, then you need to use sunscreen, seek shade between 10 AM and 4 PM, and wear protective clothing if you need to walk in full sun.
2. Learn to treat your skin gently. You should limit bath time because hot water and long baths remove oils from the skin, avoid strong soaps, pat dry so that some moisture remains to the skin, and use moisturizer right after a bath.
3. Healthy diet. A healthy diet helps with your overall health, including skin health. Your diet should include fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Also, drink plenty of water because it will maintain your skin hydrated.
4. Learn to manage stress. We live in a stressful world. We are forced to juggle hectic schedules, tight deadlines at work, long work hours, and endless chores for the house once work is done. It is no wonder that we feel more and more stressed. Uncontrolled stress makes the skin more sensitive and can trigger acne breakouts. If you want to encourage healthy skin, you should take small steps to manage stress. You should try to get more sleep, set more reasonable limits, scale back long to-do lists and find time for things that help you relax.
5. Vitamin C. If your skin glows, it looks healthy. If you dont know how to obtain an even, bright skin tone, vitamin C is the answer. Vitamin C helps fade hyperpigmentation, brightens the skin tone, protects against environmental aggressors and it promotes the natural production of collagen.
6. Essential oils and aromatherapy. Yes, essential oils can help you maintain healthy, young skin. You probably know that aromatherapy helps people relax and calm down after a stressful day, but they have numerous health benefits, and promoting healthy skin is just one of them. Tea tree can be used as an acne treatment, lavender helps with dry skin, juniper is an excellent skin cleansing oil that promotes healthier blood circulation, and clary sage reduces puffiness. These are just a few examples, but many other essential oils can help you maintain healthy skin. Visit the Younger Skin Guide to learn more about them.